Laudio is critical infrastructure for the healthcare workforce. The platform provides CHROs, CNOs, and frontline managers an integrated management system that fills the gap between information and action. With Laudio, health systems dramatically improve employee engagement, increase retention, and reduce burnout. The Laudio platform operationalizes proven leadership best practices and serves up proactive interventions for managers to engage with team members and address risk factors in real-time. Leading health systems such as Sharp, UNC Health, and Boston Medical Center use Laudio to save millions annually and to reduce turnover.
About the position
The product designer role will be one of the first hires on to the Product team at Laudio and will report to the co-founder/chief of product. This is a unique opportunity to shape an early-stage product, build a team from scratch, and have a massive impact on hospitals' employee and patient experience.
You will be part of a small, but growing, close-knit, industry veteran team that thrives on collaboration and is committed to building the best possible product for our buyers and users.
Laudio is a distributed team, and you will be working remotely.
As one of the founding members of Laudio's product and design team, you will:
- Develop a deep understanding of the product, users, buyers, and the context within which it is used (frontline management and staff, predominantly nursing).
- Help supercharge product discovery and definition:
- Run qualitative and quantitative research with users and buyers.
- Identify the right problems to solve and the best ways to approach them.
- Wireframe/prototype and iterate effective, efficient, engaging, error-tolerant, easy to learn solutions.
- Synthesize and communicate design decisions.
- Identify and refine current areas of the product that need improvement.
- Collaborate with offshore designers and PMs to develop pixel-perfect designs, copy, and other material needed to support product delivery
- Lead the thinking around the design, UI, and UX of the Laudio product. Establish design as a true differentiator for Laudio in a B2B market traditionally starved of good design.
- Begin as an individual contributor and grow to lead Laudio's design team over time.
- 4+ years of generalist design/product design experience for a digital software product
- Proficiency in user research techniques and prototyping/design tools and approaches (we use Figma).
- Strong communication skills. Ability to represent Laudio to customers and communicate internally.
- Comfortable working remotely, independently, and taking early morning calls (we coordinate with our offshore teams in a 7:00 AM-10:00 AM ET window)
- An aptitude for learning and absorbing new concepts quickly, and a desire to build great solutions to important problems.
- Expected basics
- Treats others how they would like to be treated
- Valued experiences
- In-depth UX research techniques (1-1s, card sorts, surveys, etc.)
- Leading a design team and setting up design processes
- Healthcare/acute care/nursing
- Working with an offshore team