is a continuous performance management and engagement platform designed for the healthcare workforce. The platform provides CHROs, CNOs, and frontline leaders an integrated management system that fills the gap between information and action. The Laudio platform operationalizes proven leadership best practices and serves up proactive interventions for managers to engage with team members and address risk factors in real-time. With Laudio, health systems dramatically improve employee engagement, increase retention, increase productivity, lower overtime, and reduce burnout. Leading health systems such as Sharp, UNC Health, and Boston Medical Center use Laudio to save millions annually and to reduce turnover.
About the RVP of Sales position:
Reporting to the SVP Sales, the primary and immediate responsibility of the RVP Sales is introducing new health systems to Laudio, moving these opportunities through the sales pipeline, and generating high-quality, well-priced, and multi-year contracts.
The ideal candidate has demonstrated consistent top sales performance, preferably for rapidly growing HIT SaaS companies. The candidate must show competence in managing a complex consultative sales process via virtual and in-person selling, with the requisite ability to listen, communicate and persuade effectively with C-suite health care executives. Ideally the candidate will have existing C-suite Healthcare relationships as well as involvement and relationships in industry associations regional or nationally. The candidate must excel in all stages of pipeline development, and given Laudio’s early stage, should be comfortable and has had past success generating leads. Excellent oral and written skills are required.
Key metrics for measuring the RVP Sales’ performance are:
- New client introductions, particularly to System CHROs, COOs and CNOs. The RVP Sales is expected to independently generate introductions to health system leaders. Lead generation is a critical part of success in this role, with the expectation that the RVP Sales exhibits the diligence and network to generate at least 8 new health system introductions, per month.
- Demonstrations of product to health system CNOs, COOs, CHROs, and other C-suite leaders. The RVP Sales is expected to be able to independently demo the product within 6 weeks of joining Laudio, and then to prospectively shape that demo as we learn from the market.
- Progressing complex opportunities with many stakeholders is critical. This includes identifying champion(s), prospect’s needs and connection to strategic priorities, budget, approval, ROI, and timeline. The RVP Sales is expected to develop account plans and senior peer relationships with prospects to be able to quickly “fish or cut bait” relative to each prospect’s budget, timeline, and ability to make the ROI case. The RVP Sales is expected to be familiar with and to independently use the company’s sales playbook and ROI model and to properly position champions to use this ROI model to make the internal business case for Laudio.
- The RVP Sales is responsible for working with Laudio’s SVP Sales, COO, and the prospect to receive, and address, contract redlines leading to signature.
- The RVP Sales is responsible for generating COO-approved, signed contracts to generate bookings growth. Commissions will be paid based on both signed contracts and collections. Commissions will be higher on multi-year contracts. Laudio does not sign one-year contracts. The RVP Sales will not own renewals unless these are specifically agreed to by the COO.
- The shape of the sales funnel. The RVP Sales is also responsible for maintaining and updating his/her sales pipeline every day in Laudio’s CRM (currently Copper). Since Laudio uses its pipeline tool to communicate all client and prospect activities across the senior team, the hygiene of updating this tool as close to real-time as possible is both important and essential.
As is typical with health systems, sales cycles vary from 4-12 months, with an average
ACV per contract of $250-500k. Therefore, the ability to allocate time properly to maintain proper funnel shape, and to persistently pursue top targeted prospects, while closing deals, is critical.
- Minimum of 10+ years of demonstrated sales success with growing HIT companies, preferably with SaaS software offerings. History of exceeding sales quotas.
- Independent self-starter. Demonstrated success in hunting/developing new prospects. Has successfully sold new innovative technology to healthcare C-suite, loves to “evangelize”.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport while quickly and confidently gaining respect of others. This includes strong virtual presence/selling skills in one-on-one and group interactions, and superior listening and probing skills.
- Comfortable with and displays mastery of tools needed for successful remote sales (Zoom, MS Teams, WebEx, GoToMeeting, Google Meet). Is able to do basic trouble-shooting of remote access and personal computer issues.
- Excellent negotiation and communications skills and strong business acumen required
- Understands healthcare market, including in-depth knowledge of clinical and HR processes in acute healthcare settings. Able to have intelligent conversations with healthcare C-suite. Is viewed as a strategic partner by prospects and clients.
- Must excel in an entrepreneurial environment. Exhibits high energy, has a resilient attitude and a strong work ethic, and displays enthusiasm for Laudio’s mission and product. Must be aligned with the values of the organization, which include setting a clear example in a culture that supports professionalism, collaboration, and getting results.
- Demonstrates integrity with customers, prospects, and colleagues.
- Solid planning, organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and assimilate new information quickly.
- Life-long learner. Has hunger for self-development and exhibits quest to learn from mistakes.
- Emotionally intelligent, low ego.