Company OverviewLaudio is here to empower and connect frontline healthcare leaders to drive outcomes that matter. With its leader operations solution, Laudio automates repetitive work and serves up daily recommendations and best practices that help frontline leaders gain better visibility into their teams, find opportunities for meaningful connections, and discover clearer paths to achieving their goals. Today, forward-thinking leaders across health systems all use Laudio to scale their impact while leaving the workday more satisfied. Soon, every leader will be able to achieve what seems impossible today, and that is the vision that drives us.
About the PositionThe position will report to the Head of Product and Engineering. As VP of Engineering, you will lead Laudio’s product, platform, and support engineering teams. This is a unique opportunity to spearhead a rapidly growing cross-continental team of 50+ engineers (many offshore in Nepal) and build the next generation of Laudio’s engineering organization that can scale and deliver high quality output. You will also be part of a small but growing, close-knit, industry veteran team that thrives on collaboration and is committed to building a product that will have a massive impact across healthcare on employee engagement, quality, operations and patient experience. Laudio is a distributed team, and your team will be located both in the US and Offshore (Kathmandu). You will be working remotely and should be open to travel to Nepal at least 2-3 times per year to meet and work with the team. Early morning calls (usually starting 7:00 AM ET) are part of the culture and a requirement for the job, given our deep collaboration with engineers in Kathmandu.
ResponsibilitiesAs VP of Engineering at Laudio, you will be responsible for:
- Organization building - designing the management and team structures needed for cross-location engineering teams to operate and scale as effectively as possible. Hire team members aligned with Laudio’s vision and values in both the US and Nepal.
- Culture building - developing a culture that enables team members to do their best work. Coach and mentor team members, and build in the right mechanisms and incentives needed to develop a high engagement, high retention team.
- Process excellence - ensure Laudio’s engineering teams consistently follow best practices across the Software Development Lifecycle. Be responsible for designing, implementing, training, measuring and improving engineering processes and practices.
- Engineering efficiency: Ensure the team is operating as efficiently as possible by rationalizing the tech-stack, tracking cloud utilization and spending etc.
- Outcomes tracking and improvement - identify and report on engineering outcome metrics - e.g. quality, velocity, security and spend.
- Strategic alignment - Work closely with architects to define laudio’s technical vision and strategy. Align engineering efforts with Laudio’s strategic objectives across product development, scaling, security and reduction of technical debt.
- 12+ years of engineering experience with a SaaS product.
- Prior VP Engineering experience or at least 3+ years of experience as a director / senior director of engineering leading multiple engineering teams with a proven track record of success.
- Extremely strong fundamentals - problem solving, communication, and prioritization.
- Experience with Laudio’s tech stack - Node.js, React.js, Relational Databases, AWS
- Deep understanding of leading an engineering team through the software development life cycle and the evangelization and use of modern software development practices, with an emphasis on automation and reliability engineering
- Track record of success managing offshore teams
- EST time zone location preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer in various environments with multiple distractions.
- Must be able to travel.
Status: Full Time