During times of crisis, change, and uncertainty, it is commonplace to look to others for direction, security, and re-enforcement of self-worth. Yet, within each of us, lies the ability to generate these positive feelings of “selfness”.
Much of your self-worth is and will continue to be, driven by your inner voice, your self-talk, and your environment. Here are just a few actions you can take to help foster your sense of selfness:
- Fill your mind and thoughts of peace, courage, and hope.
- Surround yourself with whatever it takes to generate inspiration.
- Use music or readings to create the environment you wish.
- Remind yourself of all the good you have done and continue to do.
- Learn from every situation.
- Do not compare yourself to others… be you.
- Don’t try to please everyone…you can’t.
- Consider opportunities to create happiness for others.
- Even if times are tough right now, count your blessings.
- If you don’t have one, start a file that houses all the evidence of your peace, courage, accomplishments, kudos, and recognition Review this periodically especially when you need affirmation.
- Take time for you.
- Don’t be afraid to say no when you feel overwhelmed and need time for yourself.
Remember the words of Winnie the Pooh
“Promise me you’ll always remember: you’re braver than you believe,
and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.”